Type: Bachelor Thesis (BSc, MSc)
Objective / Ziel
The overall goal of this work is to develop a software system for the subjective sleep quality measurement.
Description / Beschreibung
Sleep study is nowadays an actual research topic worldwide. Although a sleep study itself is a medical matter, hardware and software components are unavoidable for its performing. Ubiquitous Computing Laboratory possesses a wide experience in this area of knowledge.
The aim of this work is to develop a software system for the subjective sleep quality measurement and general sleep monitoring (e.g. sleep diary). The visualisation of the monitoring results is also a part of a work.
The developed system should contain following modules:
- user interface for the entering the sleep relevant data and questionnaires (with the possibility of having several users – every of them should have own login data). It should be possible to enter the data using a PC or a mobile device (Smartphone, Tablet-PC)
- backend with running algorithms for the evaluation of questionnaires and calculation of sleep quality, sleep efficiency, etc.
- databank to store the recorded by all users and calculated data
- administrator interface with the possibility of visualisation of collected data
Detailed work definition will be determined together with the student based on her/his background and experiences. The developed system will be used for the further research work of the laboratory.
Task / Aufgabe
- Develop a software system for the collection, storing and processing of sleep relevant data
- Visualize the collected data and calculated values
- Ensure secure transferring of the data between different software modules
- Integrate several questionnaires in your system (e.g. PSQI, sleep diary, STOP-BANG, Epworth sleepiness scale)
Requirements / Voraussetzungen: