Mobile Computing; 5 ECTS (3 SWS); in English
The objective of this lecture is to learn about features and architectures of Mobile Computing. The student will study and apply basic knowledge about development and execution platforms as well as common peripherals like sensors and actors.
- Concepts of mobile computing and applications
- Mobile platforms and architecture
- Support technologies and protocols
- Design patterns
- Standards and Web services
- Mobile messaging, publishing and synchronization
- Security in mobile environments
- Application and device programming (e.g. Android, iOS)
Assessment of this course will be based on (i) laboratory execerises, (ii) a short paper and poster, and (iii) an oral presentation.
Thursdays 14:00-17:15 in F-128; scheduled in winter semester only
Initial session announced at: http://uc-lab.in.htwg-konstanz.de about two weeks before the lecture period starts